Saturday, February 4, 2012

Frugal February Day 4

I ran the Krispy Kreme Challenge today.  It's a benefit for the Student United Way and the entry fee was $16, but I preregistered in early January or late December.  I ran the race over 10 minutes faster than last year.  The running course changed due to construction, but most of the improvement came from the donut eating.  If you don't know, the KKC is a race where you run 2 miles, eat a dozen donuts, then run 2 more miles back to the start/finish area.  Last year it took me 17:22 to eat the donuts.  This year only 8:00.  Last year I was 2nd place into the donut eating area behind Peter W.  Peter was first to the donuts again this year, but I came in 7th to the donuts.  I finished in 10th overall!!!

After the race, I went to the bike shop.  On the way there, I found a more bike friendly route than I had previously ridden.  Right when I wanted to nap/sugar crash, there was a rush at the bike shop.  I never got to nap.  After the shop, I went to help Mike grab a "work bench."  Next, I went to a "progressive mixer" at Bread & Roses where I spent $15.93 on food.  All bulk items except for some peanut butter that I had made on Wednesday.

On my way home, I stopped at Alexa's birthday party and a few nice people fed me some drinks.  Happy Birthday, Alexa.

No comments: