Sunday, February 12, 2012

Frugal February Day 12

Got up early today to volunteer at the FSU Cycling Team's Seminole Classic race.  I rode my bike to campus to meet the carpool and regretted not wearing my face mask...the wind chill was about 17°F.  My bike thermometer said it was about 27°F out.  The race was also cold and we were just standing around.  In between the women's and the men's A races, we went to a little restaurant where I bought a piece of gooey butter cake.  I know I'm not supposed to eat out, but:  1. I had breakfast. 2. We were hours from Tallahassee (where my food at home is free). 3. I was hungry.  4. I only paid $1.07.

When I got home, I paid Nat the $3.65 I owed him for milk.  It was my turn to buy a gallon, but he was at the store and picked it up for me.  Later in the day, Erin got me some bananas from Publix.  I decided to try to make some food using only what I had in the house.  I ended up with mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, and chicken casserole.  It was yummy but it sure makes a lot of dishes.

Walker came over tonight and we watched Black Snake Moan.  I ended up not going to Food Not Bombs because I didn't want to spend any more time outside in the cold.

While reading over a draft of my dissertation, I had an idea that could bridge two topics and let me use them in the same chapter.  This is especially good because I have data for both of them.  Not a bad day.

No comments: