Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Tallahassee Marathon

I found out a couple weeks ago that Tallahassee has a marathon in early February. I'm going to run it this upcoming Feb. 3,2008. I initially wanted to qualify for Boston on my first marathon. Unfortunately, the Tallahassee Marathon is not a qualifier. I guess I'll be happy if I can run a "qualifying time" which is under 3:10 for my age group. You can't beat starting it so close to home. I'll have plenty of support. It's a flat course. Should be pretty easy to train for. Not to mention cheaper than all the other possible marathons (including all costs, as an economist would).


Retraction posted on 9-23: the Tallahassee Marathon IS a qualifier!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Here I am thinking I will actually "train" (cause you know I'm not a runner) to do the race part of "Race for the Cure" this year and your are doing marathons. Yay! for you, Austin Boyle!