Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Side Projects for Fall

In addition to going to classes, I figured that I would pick up a few side projects in the fall since I hear that the second year of grad school is supposed to be easier than the first. Here is a non-exclusive, non-binding list of things I want to do more/start to do:

Marathon/triathlon training
more soccer
learn to play (at a very basic level) the piano
learn (beginning) Swahili...I'm going to buy the Rosetta Stone program.
cook more/be creative in the kitchen
read Atlas Shrugged
start lifting weights again
not slip on my school work.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

A few of my own experiences that relate to your list:
Learning to play the piano at the basic level is simple, try to play as much on a real piano though, not a keyboard, the touch is different, a real piano is more satisfying.
Reguarding culinary creativity: the more foods you try the more ideas you will have, also you can't ruin good, fresh ingredients.
Lastly I have started Atlas Shrugged three times this summer and put it back down three times as well. It's not a summer read for me cause I want stuff I don't have to think too hard about. Hope you have more sucess with it than I.

Anonymous said...

I loved Atlas Shrugged!! I read it three summers ago. It took me about a week. It's an amazing book!

Also, I think I'm going to try Chinese this year.

Amanda said...

so I've started reading your blogs and decided to jump back a few months. this is where i started.

don't slack on the marathon training... get to Boston!
wish i had taken time to help with the piano part. its really not difficult.
keep up with the Swahili. i think its awesome.
mmm, kitchen work. its good, but sometimes tastes differ. IE: tart lemonade.
will you ever finish Atlas Shrugged?
refer to Nick for help on the weights, I'm certainly no use.
you passed Prelims so looks like your doing good on schoolwork!

i love reading these posts. I'm tempted to make one of my own...