Monday, August 27, 2007

Mark Spitz


Mark Spitz "holds the record for most gold medals won in a single Olympic Games (seven), which he set at the 1972 Summer Olympics in Munich, Germany. "

He has substantially more hair than most other swimmers.
I mean, check out the mustache! Through his natural talent and dedication to the sport, he was able to outswim all his contemporaries. It goes to show that effort alone is all some people need to get/stay on top.

The other side's argument is "ya, but how much faster could he have been if he had shaved?" I don't know whether it's possible to go much faster when you are next to your only competition. For instance, I can be running top speed in a race but then go faster when I hear somebody coming up behind me. I don't know much about the world of competitive swimming, but I do want to say "way to go" to Mark Spitz.

No comments: