Friday, December 22, 2006

Home Sweet Home

Warning: nothing of consequence in this entry! Just blabber about my day.

I am writing this from the comfort of my old bedroom. I got home for the holidays earlier tonight. It's been an eventful day, or as much as one can be for spending half of it on the road. This morning, I got up, threw my stuff in the car, met Sarah, Claire, & Kelly after they donated a collective 7 and a half years of hair-growing to Locks of Love...the 4 of us + Veronica went out to eat mexican food.

My drive home was pretty good. My bad-ass 4.8L V-8 driving machine got 25MPG on the trip...it peaked at 25.4 along the way, but then there were speed-up and slow-down sections that effed with my mileage. Still, I think that's pretty good for a 12 year old car with that huge of an engine. Unfortunately, something's wrong with my air horns and I couldn't honk them to let Abbey know I was almost home :(

This summer/fall semester was the longest amount of time I've consecutively stayed away from home. It is kind of nice to be back. The house is looking nice and festive. I ate dinner with the 'rents then had a show and tell with my dad where I got to see a few new guns and the underwater scooter thing. D got home and told me about 50 stories about big trucks/diesel engines. I did some maintenance on the computer and the first half of a deposit for PTS. In fact, I'm getting up in the morning to go to work. It should be a good time. I haven't met the new guy yet.

No comments: