Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Roommate Bullshit

I need a roommate. What? You thought I had one lined up? Well, I did. Let me go ahead and say that I kicked Neil out early (thus forfeiting rent $$$) so that this guy could move in. And I've turned down other people asking for a place to live because I thought this dude A was going to move in. This past Saturday, A called me and said that he found a place to live with one of his friends for $100 cheaper per month. Who could blame him for not wanting to live with me. It's just too bad that I didn't get news of this until such a late date. I am pretty sure that A wasn't trying to mess with me. He came up to Tally from Orlando just to check my place out.

After I got the message on Saturday about me needing a new roommate, I did the first thing that came to my head: I asked Micah (new econ student, not from the HC) to let me know if any of the incoming econ students need a place. He is in touch with all the incoming econ students. He brings his A-game. I also put word to Dr. Bullock who shot an email to department heads of grad programs campus-wide. Hopefully this will turn out alright. My mom seems to think that there's "a reason this happened." I hope she's right.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mom's tend to know, the first place I was going to live in Atlanta bombed out and I was really upset and my mom said the same thing then, but I'm so glad it did cause where I am now is a trillion (yes, I said it, a trillion) times better.
Good luck!