Monday, July 9, 2007

Liquid Bandaids

Liquid bandaids work like this: There's a bottle of liquid that you drop onto an applicator. A reaction takes place, you rub the activated applicator over the wound, and a seal forms. The seal keeps all the bad stuff out. It's also less visibly noticeable than a regular bandaid and doesn't need to be reapplied. Pretty badass if you ask me.

About 8 days ago, I stepped on a piece of glass at a party at my neighbors' house. The bottom of the foot is a hard place to keep a bandage. It's hard to keep it clean too. At the very least, your foot sweats a lot. Not to mention the possible foreign material that can get lodged in there when you walk around barefoot.

Whitney says that she's always thought that bandaids are for wusses, but concedes that liquid bandaids aren't. I wonder what kind of cool factor they have. Sometimes you want people to see you visibly wounded and other times you don't. Enter liquid bandaid.

Mani says (and I've heard other places) that you can use super glue to do the same thing. I think super glue is a little cheaper, but maybe not quite as sanitary. And I'm not sure how I feel about the super glue-solvents getting into my system.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have used both super glue and duct tape as bandage agents. They work, and they you work to get the rest of the stickiness off once the healing process has finished.
Good luck with the liquid band-aids though.

Anonymous said...

dude, they market little bottles of super glue as liquid bandages. I use em' myself.