Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Now It Makes Sense

Ok, so I do get people who come in for tutoring who are clueless. I won't count them. They haven't tried to do anything and they are reaping what they sowed. One of my favorite parts about working with students is seeing them have their eureka moments, having them say "now it makes sense."

I've been told by more than a couple students that I was able to help them understand something in just a few minutes that their professor hadn't been able to convey in multiple class periods. In all fairness, they have been exposed to the material before they come see me whereas they are green going into the first class. Further, I have the ability to work one-on-one with the students whereas the teacher is forced to cater to the class as a whole.

I just had a student start to understand hypothesis testing after an office visit to me. It's times like these that make me feel good about my job.

No comments: