Monday, March 24, 2008

Band of Horses

Tonight I went with Sarah to see Band of Horses at the Beta Bar. I think they're better live than recorded. The instrumentation was lucid and the voices were crisp. I was really impressed with the microphone of the lead singer, which picked him up when he was way far away from it.

I was surprised to see them. A couple of nice beards. Anyway, they look like hippies dressed as country-western rockstars and they sing folky music. BTW, I like the double entendre in their name.

The only downside is that I think we missed half of the first song (or maybe that plus one other song) and the opening bands. I didn't really want to see Holopaw, but wouldn't have minded being there.

Bottom line, if you get a chance to see Band of Horses, you should cop a ticket.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Actually we missed half of the album that you bought. LD informed me after the show. )-:

Unknown said...

awe hell no! I'm not happy about that.