Sunday, February 17, 2008

Too Attached to my Calculator?

I have a TI-30Xa Solar calculator that I got in 6th or 7th grade. It's my favorite calculator ever. They don't make the solar version of that model any longer. I'm pretty quick with crunching numbers on it. Tonight, I told Andrew that I'd probably cry if I lost/broke it...if he lost or broke it (while borrowing it) then I'd probably stab him. At that point, I realized that maybe I'm a little too attached to it.

How much is too attached? What justifies attachment? I mean, that thing's been really good to me. We've spent a lot of time together...we've been together for over 10 years and spent who knows how many answers we came up with together. It's been there for me during frustrating times (aka hard homework/tests) and in triumph (good tests). If it was a person, nobody would question my attachment.

2 comments:

Carmencita said...

let goooooooooooo! attachment (personal and/or calculator) is the path to fear and hate! :)

Anonymous said...

No, I agree. I love my calculator...I'm so attached to it that I have a hard time using others, well and I might mention mine is a Casio, and TI's just boggle my mind in comparison. : )