Thursday, February 7, 2008

Taken for Granted

There's a lot of stuff we take for granted. I was just thinking about my bike today while waiting at the bus stop. It had paid for itself in gas money alone when I rode it instead of taking my car to school. It also saved a lot of time. And since I wouldn't drive most of the time, it saved me from riding the bus. In order to catch the bus, I have to wake up an hour and a half before I would if it was riding my bike. Also, I have to be sure to get out of school and to the bus stop in time to get picked up. The bus makes my schedule a lot more rigid.

I didn't realize just how much I would rather ride my bike until I couldn't do it anymore. I think it's like that with most of the things that are good in our life. You just don't appreciate them until their absence reminds you how good you once had it.

No comments: