Saturday, September 26, 2009

All This Training's Wearing Me Down

I woke up this morning ready to go to the experimental econ reading group. I decided it was more important to sleep another 3 hours. I think I made the right choice. On top of my increased caloric needs, I have increased need for sleep. I guess sleep repairs stuff. I need to be rested if I'm going to drain my body every day. Today I swam a mile, biked about 15 (mountain bike), and ran about 15. That 15 mile run was slow and it was so humid that I drank 52 fl.oz. from my Camelbak over 15 miles. That's the most I've ever drank in 15 miles.

Training's also getting in the way of being a really productive student. Or maybe that's this race organizer thing. Seems like word is starting to leak out a little about the race. The flyer is up in the Leach center and some pretty cool people are telling their friends. I really hope it ends up being worth all the effort I've poured into it. Once this race is hosted I will have been done with the Ironman for about 3 weeks and I'm going to take exercising down plenty of notches. And get fat for the winter.

No comments: