Friday, May 1, 2009

Prague

Carmen wants me to visit her in Prague over the summer. At first I wasn't really into it. Then she sent me pictures and I liked them. Next she called and talked about how I need to go. I haven't been legitimately out of the country since Ecuador (the Mexicos don't count).

Pros: Visit new foreign country. Pretty. Hang out with Carmen. New experiences...especially being in a country where I can't communicate (except everyone knows English).

Cons: I don't speak a word of Czech. $$$.

I think that if I can find a plane ticket for under $500, then I might as well make use of my passport. I'm doing a lot of traveling this summer. Hopefully my folks will decide when we're going to Virginia. I was thinking of going to Prague between VA & the beginning of teaching. Here's a list of the other places I'm going:
Panama City - Half Ironman race
Gainesville - wedding
Baton Rouge - Aunt/Grandmother + cultural activities
(Nashville) - was going for Mani's birthday, but he'll be in the Keys
Virginia - see some older family members while we still can
Tampa? or Jacksonville? - heavy metal concert (roommate's friend's band)
Key Largo - lobster diving (after teaching)

2 comments:

Carmencita said...

not speaking czech is a very stupid reason not to go. it's a very freaking hard language for english speakers to pick up. and czech people love english speakers. especially english speaking economists.

the money will be more the issue :( I can't find any tickets for less than $700 right now. maybe last minute tics. you should go anyway. money is for suits. i'll show you money.

Carmencita said...

also,

there is no faster way to pick up language than being thrown in on your face with a dictionary, a nice czech/spanish girl (Inesita), and no preparation.