Saturday, April 11, 2009

You Say It's Your Birthday

I had a good birthday. I got up and had cinnamon rolls like I always do on my birthday. They were doing some work on my house so I didn't get to sleep in, but I guess that's alright. I watched as they worked on the water heater, stove, and furnace. I had to go to my 2pm class and the inspection was at 3. I got back home before 4 and everything was up and running. I demoed it all and it all works well. Dan made pasta with meat sauce on the new stove. I watched it boil water. It didn't happen as fast as I had been imagining.

I was fielding phone calls & texts all day long on top of the facebook greetings. I feel loved (except by a couple people who I was expecting to hear from...that's not you, is it?? ;)... Looking back, I don't think I went running. I meant to. I guess time was flying away from me. I went to dinner (yes, dinner #2) with my roommates @ Bird's Aphrodisiac Oyster Shack. I was surprised to see some of Andrew's planning friends when we walked in, but I was really taken aback to see Sarah and some of her people & some economists waiting at another table!

Dan signed me up to karaoke the Beatles's Birthday Song. I don't know any of the words. The crowd seemed not to care. I got to shotgun a PBR after my karaoke performance. The rest of the night I had 3 duets (better if I'm not the only one singing!)...Semi-Charmed Life w/Jonathan, Promise by Eve6 w/Kristen, and the last song of the night: System of a Down's Sugar w/Dan (who added the awesome screaming vocals..."WHO" can believe you, "WHO" can believe you...)

We went home and had some more beer & pizza and I went to bed at 4. I woke up this morning around the time necessary to make it to my experimental reading group, but I think I was still drunk. I hadn't read the paper anyway so I decided that I'd skip it for once...it's not a real class anyway. I got up at noon and went for a nice 4 miler after sucking down a spoonful of Hammer Gel and another of peanut butter. I felt so much better after coming back & showering.

No comments: