Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Wild Blackberries

Carmen came to visit me this weekend. She arrived on Friday night/Saturday morning just after 4am and left on Sunday around 6pm. Round trip road time: 24 hours! It was so nice to get to see her again.

On Saturday morning, she noticed that I have wild blackberries growing in my yard. She made me eat one after I'd just brushed my teeth and it wasn't so awesome. I tried one later and it was pretty good. I think I'm going to plant some (maybe not so wild) blackberries in a garden. She said that I could grow raspberries too! How cool & tasty would that be?

2 comments:

Carmencita said...

i think it is really hard to transplant them though. don't remove the ones from your front yard! try home depot or something. or a groovy local nursery.

Angelica said...

I have a raspberry bush that has started to flower, and a blueberry that is already producing fruit. I can't wait for my first crop to ripen!