Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Chromebook

I just took a leap of faith in Google and bought a Chromebook sight unseen.  Since my previous Acer laptop bit the dust for apparently no reason, I decided to go with the Samsung Series 5 3G Titan Silver model because there was a used one (like new condition) for $136 off the retail of $450.

I think I might have to adapt to the new keyboard and OS and whatever else, but that should be doable.  It has a ~7-8 hour battery life and a bright/glare reduction screen.  I'll write a review on it when I have a chance to use it more.  I might not receive the thing until next Friday, so don't hold your breath.

Guess I forgot to mention that the thing that pushed me over the edge to buy this Chromebook is that my desktop stopped working again.  My roommate thinks I have a bad motherboard.  His reasoning makes sense.  If I can deduce that motherboard issues are causing all my problems, then I'll buy a new MB and rebuild my desktop.  However, in the mean time, I am going all Chromebook.  I got an update on my order just now and it says that it should arrive on Monday.

No comments: