Wednesday, January 26, 2011

First Freecycle Transaction

I joined the Tallahassee chapter of Freecycle a while ago and I have so far been ignoring the emails since they come so often. I haven't been searching for anything in particular.

I had a problem with my fan light kits a while ago and I bought some candelabra base CFLs. They didn't work without producing an annoying flicker. I replaced them with incandescents and had 11 crappy lights that I wouldn't use. I put them up on Freecycle and the same day received emails from 3 interested people. The first emailer came the following day to pick them up.

Freecycle seems like a really cool way to get stuff out of your house into the hands of people who will actually use it. If you haven't already heard of it, check out their website.

No comments: