Sunday, March 14, 2010

Sweden Bound

I'm in the process of working out a trip to Sweden with my family to visit some of my more distant relatives (like my grandmother's cousin). Hopefully we can stay for a couple weeks and it won't be super freezing. My granny's talking about going north of the arctic circle. That sounds like an experience...maybe get to see the midnight sun.

I need to get a Swedish phrasebook or something. Rosetta Stone would be cool and probably the fastest thing to pick up the language, but also kind of expensive. (Speaking of Rosetta Stone, I lost my CD for Swahili and haven't been able to practice in quite some time...sad face). I was under the impression that everyone under 20 years old speaks English in Sweden, but that is apparently not true in some of the places we're planning on visiting.

Hooray for international travel.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

First... Torrent Rosetta Stone. Second, Sweeden sounds cool. Basically, where the darker side of metal was born. Well, Sweeden and Tampa - Tampa's got most of the claim for Death Metal, but Sweeden's where Black Metal grew up - the high screeching vocals... satanic... etc.