Wednesday, February 17, 2010

My Lenten Commitment

I've never been able to figure out what to give up for lent. Everything I can think of seems either impossible or trivial or not beneficial. For the last category, think about me giving up running...it would be difficult but wouldn't serve to make me better in any way. I've thought about giving up alcohol, but I've done that for 40 days before without a problem and I don't think it's a problem for me...

With the help of a friend, I decided that ice cream is gone until Easter. I eat on average one bowl of ice cream per day. Not giant bowls, but I go through a half gallon in a typical week. I'm not addicted, I just like it. Different flavors...gotta switch it up. Anyway, ice cream isn't really good for me and it would be something that I notice its absence. I think it's a good choice. I'm looking forward to this little experiment in self control.

1 comment:

Jess said...

Sounds like a good plan.

I gave up swearing...it's been difficult thus far, aka I keep slipping up, but I'm going to persevere.