Saturday, January 24, 2009

Computer Fixed! (not quite 100%)

I got my computer to recognize the SATA drives, so now I can install stuff and play around on my computer. The solution involved changing the kernel build before installation. http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1026362&highlight=XFX+nForce+750a+SLI+Socket+AM2%2B+Motherboard&page=2 post #18 had the solution for me.

It's nice to have that much up and running, but I have the following problems still:
sound card makes crappy static noise instead of what I'm trying to play
some web content doesn't play (e.g. youtube)
my screen won't run at native resolution (1680x1050).

I've tried going to fora in search of solutions, but it's hard for me to figure out workarounds if my computer doesn't respond exactly like they say it will. I'm still new to this and trying to get things figured out. I know my computer will be totally sweet once I get it up and fully functional.

No comments: