Monday, January 14, 2008

Working Out Again

I went spinning today after not working out for about a month. The gym is packed due to January syndrome. Class was pretty cool and I learned that the spinning bikes have SPD pedals, so I can wear my bike shoes to spinning class. The doc cleared me to hit the stationary bike and the elliptical machine because I can't crash those things. It feels good to work out again. I'm deffly going to get back in the game ASAP.

I also hit up these new bikes the Leach has where it's like a video game/stationary bike. Basically, you have a computer screen where you see virtual terrain and other riders. You are given a pace rider and it's pretty cool. You can change gears and the handlebars turn. You can't go off the course, which is a little boring. It automatically adjusts to make pedaling harder when you're climbing and easier when you're descending. I would recommend checking those things out. Apparently, if you go with friends, you can race them. There's all kinds of cool info on the screen like your power, cadence, speed, heart rate, distance down/to go (also built into map of course), grade of surface, and selected gear.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I nearly crashed an ellipitical in the fitness center at the condo I lived in this summer...so be wary! haha.
Glad you are feeling like yourself again.

Anonymous said...

so now leach finally gets cool machines...nice to have never enjoyed them.

-mk