Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Miser May 1st Week Update

If you haven't seen the spreadsheet yet, here it is.  I've not done as well as I did in Frugal February up to this point.  In fact, I have managed to buy at least one thing every day which brings my total for the first 7 days to $432.42 (an average of $61.77/day).  Part of this problem stems from things that need fixin' at my house and stuff I bought for teaching in the summer (~$227 between these 2 categories).  I also accidentally bought the SPD cleats on Saturday when I forgot it was Miser May.  I have also been drinking more beer than I had in FF, but it's in my fridge and I didn't put it there so that I'd have it for MM (some of it was left by guests who had brought some over and not finished it all).  The most recent Publix purchase was fairly large because I was induced to buy some stuff while it was on sale (check out the savings ratio).

Hopefully the last 3 weeks will have lower spending or else I'm screwed.  I still am going to have to hire a plumber to come fix a broken drain.  Yeah...last night I found that the PVC drain from the guest bathroom shower is broken in half.  Part of the top piece overlaps part of the bottom piece, but lots of water is just leaking.  Luckily, most of it is absorbing into the ground.  Unfortunately I will not be able to do the repair myself due to the tight quarters inside the wall.  I'm going to have to pay a plumber.  Furthermore, all my utilities come to me near the 23rd of the month.

No comments: