Sunday, November 7, 2010

Super Glue Band-Aids

A while ago, I wrote about liquid band-aids. I have since started using super glue instead. It started gradually, but I think it was when I started rock climbing and had things ripping open on my hand (and I still wanted to climb) that I began using super glue regularly. Right now it's on 2 different cuts on my left hand.

Super glue burns a little more than the Band Aid brand stuff, but it is way cheaper. It doesn't come with the handy applicator like Band Aid brand, but you can use the spout to spread the liquid glue over the wounded area. Probably not as sanitary as the individually sealed, sterile liquid band-aids, but I don't mind.

If you're a little skeptical, I recommend you try it somewhere. Some areas of your body will appreciate the versatility of the super glue more than others. A cut on your thigh will be happy enough with a regular bandage. A cut that's on a joint (especially knuckles) will be an ideal test spot since regular bandages fail miserably on those locations.

No comments: