Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Cold Shower Season

As the weather warms up, there comes a time when you can go exercise (or mow the yard or something) and get so hot that you actually keep sweating after taking a shower. I believe these are referred to as "after-sweats." It's kinda crappy to get out of the shower and begin to perspire. One way you can attempt to keep the after-sweats at bay is to rinse in cold water. It also helps not to wash in really hot water.

Just like a hot shower feels really good in the cold of winter, I actually look forward to turning the knob to the right a little bit more than normal after I finish a summer run. There's something refreshing about a cold shower. And even if the whole thing's not cold, a nice cold finish is still a treat.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Agreed. I actually learned about this approach when I'd stay with my parents in Miami. Disregarding any workout, my parents keep the A/C pretty warm for my taste, so I resolved to take a shower with the finale being to run the water as cold as possible and stand in it as long as I can take. The warm A/C feels alright after that.

It's not hot enough here in Boise