Saturday, July 25, 2009

Triathlon Nightmare

Last night I had a nightmare that I had a super crappy T1 in my ironman. My swim went well, but when I got to T1, it took me forever to put on my running shoes. I was like "crap, I'm in my trainers." People were passing me all over the place as I'm sitting on the ground. I took them off and put on flats then ran out of transition before I realized that I was supposed to be getting on the bike. When I turned around to go get my bike, other crazy stuff happened. I found my cross country spikes, but not my bike shoes. Then I realized that I hadn't picked up my packet. I've spent about 15 minutes in T1 and I'm getting really frustrated with myself. I had to go find the packet pickup lady, who was at a merch tent. She tried to sell me a hoodie. I finally got my packet (which was amazing: it was a biking jersey with all the stuff they give you shoved into the pockets). I woke up before I could put on my numbers and hit the road. It made me realize that I really need to think about my transitions before the race. Maybe even practice them a little. I've been thinking about making a list of what I want to put in the bag for each of the transitions and the special needs bag. I think I'll write that list down today.

No comments: