Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Running Skirts

A few months ago, I stumbled on a website selling running skirts...not that I was looking to buy one. I thought they were a great idea and figured that all they needed to do is get a famous chick to wear one and sales will take off. A month or 2 after that, I saw a running skirt in Runner's Depot in Vero. At Collegiate Nationals Triathlon, they were selling them. This month's issue of Runner's World has a cover girl wearing one. I guess they're taking off.

I didn't realize until I saw the ones at Collegiate Nationals that they have built-in bloomers. Which makes me wonder why you wouldn't just wear spandex running shorts and get rid of that extra material. Maybe it looks better or something. Maybe you can put pockets in the other part. Anyway, they're taking off. In fact, I saw that a men's running skirt exists. I'm not down for that.

1 comment:

Angelica said...

Women like to feel feminine. Also a skirt helps to hide those parts of the body that women are most self-conscious about (thighs and butt) which running shorts put on display.