Thursday, May 24, 2007

Fulbright

The Fulbright website is: http://www.fulbrightonline.org/

Dang that would be a cool way to go abroad. I just need to figure out what I need to (propose to) study. Then get past the application process. I think this would round out my prestigious scholarships pretty well. Richardson. Flagler. Fulbright?

Not only would I get to study abroad for free, but I'd also have a kick-ass experience and nobody in the academic world could turn me down for an open job position.

One problem that I have is my house. I don't know what to do with it for a year that I'm gone. I can't get my PhD before going on the Fulbright trip (unless I hook up a post-doc type thing, but I think those are rarer). Maybe I could convince my brother to come and occupy my house for a year while I'm gone.

No comments: