It's made by Old Field Cycles in Tallahassee. The thing is, I don't want to get rid of one of my other bikes. The black bike is my oldest and crappiest, but has a lot of sentimental value. My road bike is the closest to this bike, but still a lot different. My 29er is going to become my snow bike, and the fixie is an experience all its own.
I've wanted a custom commuter/touring bike from Old Field for a while now and this bike is most of what I'm looking for. There are a few things I would do differently if designing from the ground up, but I think I can live with those discrepancies because I'd get such a good price on this thing. I'm thinking that I could turn this into a fast commuter because I'm planning on getting a saddle bag/messenger bag that I wouldn't have to wear on my back. I could put a custom rack on this thing and make everything work out.
Bike nerds, read on for cool stuff:
1. generator front hub, cassette rear hub, both with drum brakes
2. wire for front light and cable housing for front brake routed through the fork
3. Shimano 8 speed rear cassette (Deore XTR derailers) with Campy 10x2 speed shifters
4. 29er rims (& I think DT Swiss 2.0 spokes) = strong
5. sweet water bottle holder adjusts to different size bottles
6. ya, that's a Brooks saddle, but I'm not going to get that if I buy it.
7. slightly curved seat stays look pretty
8. cables routed on starboard side of top tube for comfortable portage
9. cloth bar wrap