Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Obama FTW

I am amazed at the numbers from the election.  The popular vote went 50% Obama, 48% Romney, but Obama's electoral votes outnumbered Romney's 303 to 203.  That's some good campaigning and maybe a little bit of luck.

I had been thinking about Obama's lame duck presidency as a bad thing.  Now, I wonder if he will get some really great stuff done in that time.  I think that he has good intentions, but you know what they say about good intentions (if you don't know, it's either "the highway to hell is paved with good intentions" or "good intentions don't guarantee good outcomes).

I really hope that fiscal sanity can be restored.  By some measures, Obama's done a great job (see here) and by others he's done poorly (see here).  Unfortunately, I couldn't vote for either of the major candidates yesterday.  I cast a throw-away vote for Gary Johnson.  Funny enough, it was Romney's own propaganda that made me decide that I could not vote for him.  Not that my vote would have made a difference anyway (although at this time Florida still has not been officially called, the vote difference is near 46,000 votes).

No comments: