Monday, August 22, 2011

No Free Water Past Security

I was flying out of Kansas City today and I jettisoned my water before passing through security. Upon safely reaching the secure area, I went to find a water fountain only to find that there is not one available in that part of the airport.

It's bullshit to make people get rid of their water then try to sell them bottled water for $3. I ended up filling mine in the bathroom sink. Sometimes my bottle is too tall to fit in a sink and that trick doesn't work. I'm not advocating making airports install a ton of water fountains...but there should be some sort of workaround to the liquids restriction. I propose that you can take any liquid through security as long as you ingest at least 4 fluid ounces of it. That way I can keep my water but I have to ditch the gasoline or whatever those crazy kids are using these days to blow up planes.

2 comments:

Angelica said...

I don't know what kind of ghetto airport Kansas City has, but all the ones I've been in lately have had water fountains by the bathrooms.

Jess said...

Bummer. Along the same lines of Angelica, I've only had trouble with that in Europe. Although one of the airports we went through I forgot to empty my bottle and they didn't say a peep. Go figure.