Saturday, June 11, 2011

Someone Stole My Bike...

...at least it was my polo bike. I'm least attached to it and it is the crappiest one I have (had).

I rode past the polo garage and didn't see my bike's handlebars over the short wall. I went back a couple hours later and verified that my bike was not there any longer. I saw what I thought was my U-lock on the ground, but it was some other OnGuard U-lock that had been cut by bolt cutters. I have no idea why people would want to steal crappy polo bikes. They won't have much fun using them for anything else. They won't be able to bring them to Krank It Up! to work on them. It's not like they just walked up and took an unsecured bike. Someone put a bit of effort into the heist. A few bikes have been stolen and I don't think they can do the thieves much good. I guess we're going to have to start keeping them in a more secure location.

I just don't understand theft of this sort.

No comments: