Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Science/Lab Themed Bathroom

I had an idea while brushing my teeth. It would be cool to decorate a bathroom with a science/lab theme. I already have a Periodic Table shower curtain and the thought of using a beaker (300mL?) for a toothbrush holder kicked off these other ideas:

wallpaper with molecular structures on it
safety shower style shower head (would need a flow restrictor)
lab style sink and bench style counters (you could hang a towel on the metal arm)
nalgene rinse bottle for soap dispenser (using thin soap like Dr. Bronners)

Anybody have other ideas? I was trying to think about ways to have the medicine cabinet look like some sort of lab storage.

note:  links are not necessarily the ideal products.  Many of the items I liked to are laboratory grade and therefore very expensive.  I think you could find/make some similar looking products way cheaper.  The wallpaper would probably have to be custom.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have been thinking about this lately and I don't want to give my ideas away, but here are some I have considered: using a test tube rack and test tubes to hold toothbrushes; using small flask and rubber stoppers to hold mouthwash (multiple colors); and Bunsen burner candlestick holders.

Unknown said...

Great ideas! Thanks for sharing!