Thursday, April 29, 2010

Spreadable PB

Bread and Roses has been selling peanut butter made by people pedaling a modified bike to grind up peanuts. That's right, just 2 ingredients: peanuts & manpower. It tastes alright, but it's a little hard to spread on my sandwich.

I just bought a jar of it yesterday (at $1.89/lb, it's pretty cheap...compare to this 3 pack of 40oz Peter Pan @ $2.30/lb). I decided that Peter Pan has more than one ingredient (cottonseed oil, salt, sugar, something else) so I'll have more than one ingredient. I have tried adding sugar in the past and that didn't work too well. Today I added peanut oil, which makes it spread nicely, honey to sweeten it a little, and salt to do its thing. Result: yummy and spreadable and cheap.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

this is what I buy out here in Udaho:

http://www.adamspeanutbutter.com/

... it's great, and I think it's about as "natural" as the stuff you're talking about here.