Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Burned

So, Jennifer was making dinner tonight for her old roommates (and me). We had pinchos, which are basically kabobs undone and served over yellow rice if I understand it right. Her friend was grilling the kabobs which were on metal skewers. I took some to put inside because the first batch was done. I put the first 2 (with wooden handles) down, then I grabbed the bare and very hot metal with my right thumb and index finger thusly burning them. I've got a cool little circular depression of burnt skin. It's not too bad because you can still see the fingerprint underneath. It's not blistering or anything. But what a rookie mistake!

1 comment:

Jana Seidl said...

Oh man! I've done that too with a cookie tray from the oven. Ugh. Just as a tip, 2nd skin burn pads are amazing stuff...my friend's dad is a dermatologist and he swears by them for relief and healing.