Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Botched Shot Attempt

Everybody likes soft serve / down in the June sun /.../talk about the botched shot attempt on the president... - Soul Coughing (Soft Serve).

One of the first thoughts to run through my head last night when I was sure that Obama is the president-elect was: I wonder when the first assassination attempt will be. I think that McCain offered an immaculate concession speech urging us to come together as one nation and support our leaders. That might have deterred some who had thoughts of avenging McCain's defeat.

When Obama gave his acceptance speech, I noticed the glass in front of him and thought it might be a bullet-proof barrier between him and an angry right-wing extremist. I guess we'll see how it pans out. I wish nothing but the best for my country and its leaders and hope that the first assassination attempt will never come, or if it does that it's unsuccessful.

No comments: