Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Capital City Runners

Capital City Runners is open (grand opening on Oct. 30th)! I went in yesterday and got a new pair of shoes (Saucony Kinvara) and a Timex Ironman watch with a 50 lap memory. I took them both for a run tonight and ran super consistent. I ran a 4 mile out-&-back course in 27:50...13:55 on the way out and 13:55 on the way back! I know I should have broken the shoes in before running but couldn't help myself.

There are some cool, larger-than-life Reebok-branded posters of both Nate Brannen and Kevin Sullivan. They've got a neat setup with a treadmill where they videotape you running to determine if the shoe fits well or not. I've always wondered what it looks like behind me when I'm running and now I got to see!

I would recommend that you go in and check them out. It might be a little more impressive inside if you wait for their grand opening...but don't wait too long because everything's 10% off until October 31st.

No comments: