Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Why All Sins Are Equal in the Eyes of God

Humans feel like there are degrees of sin. We tell ourselves that telling a white lie is not as bad as committing murder. Let me confirm that I feel this way. Not only I feel this way; in fact, this site does a good job backing my conjecture with scripture. I haven't taken a survey but I imagine that "most people" would agree with me.

However, I've been told ever since I remember that all sins are equal in the eyes of God. This must be because he does not commit any sins. Therefore they are all equally bad to him. Some humans may think that murder is unacceptable but lying is because those same people have told lies but not committed murder. We need to rank the severity of our misconduct in a way that justifies our behavior. God does not.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I like the perspective... God's