Monday, February 1, 2010

Cell Phone Problems

I have been having weird problems with my cell phone. The lock screen won't respond to touch if it's plugged in to an AC outlet, the phone was turning itself off for no reason (then not turning back on when I hit the power button unless I plugged the phone in [and no, the battery was not dead] or removed the battery for a few seconds), the phone was losing battery fast until I stopped using "messages" and switched to "ChompSMS," and I can't remember what else was wrong.

I took it in to the Sprint store today to have them fix it. They did a hard reset and I haven't had any issues EXCEPT that they didn't do a very good job of backing up my contacts. I've had a hell of a time with syncing my contacts with Gmail: deleting someone on my phone deletes them from Gmail contacts! AAAHHHH. There are people that I want in my email address book but don't want to carry around with me in my phone. The Sprint people didn't back up my "Phone" contacts, only the "Google" ones. I lost all the connections I had on facebook and I lost the calendar entries I'd made from the phone that weren't synced up with my google calendar. HBF. I had to go through my old cell's contacts list and manually input a bunch of junk. I'm missing some people whose #s I acquired recently.

That's all. Just wanted to vent.

No comments: